• Inform the individual of infection status so that they can anticipate course of illness and take action to prevent transmission
• Inform patient management and actions needed to prevent transmission
• Detect susceptible individuals (antibody negative) and those previously infected.
• Identify those potentially immune to SARS-CoV2, individuals could return to work.
• Identify individuals with neutralizing antibodies
• Facilitate contact tracing and surveillance
Vibrant COIVD-19 antibody testing is $149
Call 520-232-3360 to arrange your blood draw today
Testing to see who has the Covid-19 coronavirus has become one of the most crucial elements of slowing the global pandemic. And it may also hold the key to a return to normal.
In patients who have recovered from Covid-19 or may have carried the virus without realizing it, a serological test can show who carries antibodies, even if the virus is no longer present. Antibodies are proteins that help the immune system identify and eliminate threats. Once they’re made, they help the body neutralize future infections from the same threat.But scientists are also still learning how long immunity from Covid-19 can last and whether there is a chance that people could be re-infected. Filling in these blanks will be critical to the recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic.Call 520-232-3360 to arrange your blood draw today